Intended Audience: Highly Sensitive, Gifted, Twice Exceptional. Can be personalized for groups with students of varying ages, parents, and educators.
Gifted kids and teens, due to the combination of their abilities and over-excitabilities are often impacted by trauma and tragedy more than their less sensitive peers.
What can you do when a creative, highly sensitive, intense, gifted child or teen is traumatized by tragedy, when it’s on the other side of the country or world?What can you do to help them when the tragedy or trauma is in your own community? In this presentation, you will learn:
- Seven signs of a normal response to trauma
- The one simple first, best and last mind-body tool that can be used anywhere, any time to counteract the negative effects of trauma
- Two underlying principals to guide your trauma interventions with your sensitive, gifted child
- Four things to DO to help them process their difficult emotions
- Three ways to tell if or when to get professional help for your student with Trauma Exposure