Here’s a few books that CASIGYs may find helpful:
As always, check them out yourself to see what is interesting or seems like it might be helpful to you. I continually add to this list, so you may want to return now and then to catch the new additions. If you have a suggestion of a book to add to the list, feel free to let me know.
- Art is a Way of Knowing by Pat B. Allen. A Guide to Self- Knowledge and spiritual fulfillment through creativity
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron. A Spiritual Way to Higher Creativity
- The Vein of Gold by Julia Cameron. A Journey to Your Creative Heart
- Point Zero by Michele Cassou. Creativity Without Limits
- Developing Multiple Talents by Douglas Eby. The Personal Side of Creative Expression
- Thunder and Lightning by Natalie Goldberg. Cracking open the Writer’s Craft
- Organizing For the Creative Person by Dorothy Lehmkuhl & Dolores Cotter Lamping, C.S.W. Right-brain styles for conquering clutter, mastering time, and reaching your goals
- Art Heals by Shaun McNiff, Ph.D. How Creativity Cures the Soul
- Creative Healing by Michael Samuels, M.D. and Mary Rockwood Lane, R.N., M.S.N. How to Heal Yourself by Tapping Into Your Hidden Creativity
- On Writing by Stephen King. A Memoir of the Craft.
- On Writing Well by William Zinsser. The Classic Guide to Writing Non-Fiction.
- Refuse to Choose! by Barbara Sher. Use ALL of your Interests, Passions, and Hobbies to Create the Life and Career of Your Dreams
High Sensitivity and Super-sensitivity:
- The Highly Sensitive Person by Elaine Aron, PhD. How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You.
- The Highly Sensitive Person in Love by Elaine Aron, PhD. Understanding and Managing Relationships When the World Overwhelms You by Elaine Aron, PhD
- The Highly Sensitive Child by Elaine Aron, PhD. Helping Our Highly Sensitive Children Thrive When the World Overwhelms Them.
- Too Loud, Too Bright, Too Fast, Too Tight by Sharon Heller, Ph.D. What to do if you are sensory defensive in an overstimulating world.
- Making Work Work For the Highly Sensitive Person by Barrie Jaeger
- The Highly Sensitive Man by Dan McLeod. Embrace the kind, strong, and wholehearted man within
- Sensational Kids by Lucy Jane Miller, PhD, OTR
- The Strong, Sensitive Boy by Tedd Neff. Help Your Son Become a Happy, Confident Man.
- Living With Intensity edited by Susan Daniels,Ph.D & Michael M. Piechowshi, Ph.D. Understanding the Sensitivity, Excitability and Emotional Development of Gifted Children, Adolescents and Adults
- Emotional Intensity in Gifted Students by Christine Fonseca. Helping Kids Cope with Explosive Feelings
- The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney, Psy.D. How to Thrive in an Extrovert World
- Quiet by Susan Cain. The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking
- The Gifted Adult by Mary-Elaine Jacobsen, Psy.D. A Revolutionary Guide for Liberating Every Genius.
- Gifted Grown-Ups by Marylou Kelly Strewznewski. The Mixed blessing of extraordinary potential
- The Gifted Kids Survival Guide by Judy Galbraith, M.A. For ages 10 and Under
- When Gifted Kids Don’t Have All the Answers by Jim Delisle, Ph.D. and Judy Galbraith, M.A. How to Meet Their Social and Emotional Needs.
Twice Exceptional Children:
- Twice-Exceptional Gifted Children: Understanding, Teaching, and Counseling Gifted Students by Beverly Trail Ed.D.
- Bright Not Broken: Gifted Kids, ADHD, and Autism by Diane M. Kennedy and Rebecca S. Banks
- Uniquely Gifted: Identifying and Meeting the Needs of the Twice-Exceptional Student by Kiesa Kay
- Twice-Exceptional Kids: A Guide for Assisting Students Who Are Both Academically Gifted and Learning Disabled by Rosemary S. Callard-Szulgit EdD
- If This is a Gift, Can I Send it Back?by Jen Merrill and Sarah J. Wilson. Surviving in the Land of Gifted and Twice Exceptional.
- Understanding the Gifted Child with Attention Deficit by Publishers of 2E: Twice Exceptional News
- Change Your Brain, Change Your Life by Daniel Amen, M.D. The Breakthrough Program for Conquering Anxiety, Depression, Obsessiveness, Anger and Impulsiveness.
- A Mind of Your Own by Kelly Brogan.The Truth About Depression and How Women Can Heal Their Bodies to Reclaim Their Lives.
- Searching for Meaning by James Webb, Ph.D. Idealism, Bright Minds, Disillusionment and Hope
- Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnosis of Gifted Children and Adults by Webb, Amend, Goers, Beljan, Olenchak. ADHD, Bipolar, Asperger’s, Depression and Other Disorders
Jungian or Analytical Psychology
- Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell
- Man and His Symbols by Carl G. Jung. Jung explains the importance of symbolism, especially as revealed in dreams.
- Modern Man in Search of a Soul by C. G. Jung. An introduction to analytical psychology.
- Synchronicity by C. G. Jung. An Acausal, Connecting Principle.
- Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Ph.D. Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype
- Living Your Unlived Life by Robert A. Johnson and Jerry Ruhl. Coping With Unrealized Dreams and Fulfilling Your Purpose in the Second Half of Life
- Inner Work by Robert A. Johnson. Using Dreams and Active Imagination for Inner Growth.
- Owning Your Own Shadow by Robert A. Johnson. Understanding the Dark Side of the Psyche.
- The Soul’s Code by James Hillman. In Search of Character and Calling.
- Your Golden Shadow by William A. Miller. Discovering and Fulfilling Your Undeveloped Self
- Pregnant Darkness by Monika Wikman. Alchemy and the Rebirth of Consciousness
- Addiction to Perfection by Marion Woodman. Psychology and attitudes of modern woman.
- Awakening the Heroes Within by Carol S. Pearson. Twelve Archetypes to Help Us Find Ourselves and Transform Our World
- The Inner World of Trauma by Donald Kalsched. Archetypal Defenses of the Personal Spirit.
- Boundaries of the Soul by June Singer. The practice of Jung’s psychology
- The Symbolic Quest by Edward C. Whitmont. Basic Concepts in Analytical Psychology
- Memories, Dreams, Reflections by C. G. Jung. Carl Jung tells his own life story.