Last Updated: May 24, 2018
Information We Collect About You
In General. When you provide this information to us, we may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world. (We have no control or knowledge as to where the servers are).
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner, including personal information that may be contained in any video, comment or other submission you upload or post to the website. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number; your likeness. If you transact business with us, you enter your financial information such as your payment method in the shopping cart, which is not maintained by us. We currently contract with Squareup.com, PayPal.com, Infusionsoft.com and Wepay.com for Shopping cart and credit card processing services. These contractors can be changed at any time. Your financial information (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information) is kept secure and private by them.
- Information from other sources. We do not obtain information about you from other sources.
- Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, information that may interest them or messages (such as invitations) through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, and the referring website address.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to measure the overall effectiveness of our online content, programming or other activities.
How We Use the Information We Collect
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account (if you have one) and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
With Whom We Share Your Information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our website or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information with anyone for any other purposes.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
How You Can Access Your Information
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information. You can review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
- When you register on our website you may be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages and/or newsletters from us. You also will be given the opportunity, in the form of an opt-out link located at the bottom of any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. When you follow that link and click to opt out, your choice to opt out will be automatically and instantaneously processed and you will receive visual proof when a confirmation message is shown on your screen. Please note that, changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees or contractors (such as a Virtual Assistant) are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting Our Websites from Outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us
Sharon M. Barnes, LCSW, PLLC
8089 S. Lincoln Street, #203
Littleton, CO 80122 USA
©2018 Sharon M. Barnes, LCSW, PLLC. All rights reserved.