Overexcitabilities, common to the Gifted of all ages, influence both the perception of a life-threatening event and the impact of trauma on gifted persons, whether it’s in your community or on the other side of the world. Psychological trauma is exposure to a life-threatening experience ─ yours, or someone else’s.
If you missed my talk, or if you’d like to see the slides again, here they are. In this presentation, you’ll learn
- what’s Direct Trauma vs. Vicarious Trauma, and why it matters,
- seven signs of a normal trauma response,
- what’s different about the Trauma Response of a gifted person
- one simple mind-body tool that will quickly reduce trauma’s negative effects;
- four tools that help process trauma related emotions;
- two principals to guide your interventions; and
- when to get professional help.